Possible causes of Pyrexia of Unknown origin (PUO)
" IMAGINE "
- Automimmune Diseases
- Granulomas (Sarcoidosis, Crohn's disease)
- Iatrogenic (Drug fever, Thrombophlebitis)
- Nurses, Doctors and all paramedical staff: factitious fever
Infections can be any. Some of the common presentations are:
- Bacterial: TB, Typhoid, Bacillary endocarditis and septicemia, Abscess (subphrenic, intrahepatic etc)
- Viral: Hep B, Protozoal:malaria, amoebiasis, spirochaetes
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.